June 12, 2015
To Members of the Rutgers–New Brunswick Community:
One of the initiatives of the New Brunswick Strategic Plan is the creation of a Chancellor's Excellence Fund. An initiative emanating from this fund is the designation of a select group of faculty members at the associate professor level as “Chancellor’s Scholars.” These individuals are nominated by their deans, and will carry the designation of “Chancellor Scholar” for up to five years. They will also receive an addition to their research account.
I am pleased to share the names of the individuals who have been selected as the initial group of Chancellor’s Scholars:
- Dan Battey, Department of Learning & Teaching, Graduate School of Education
- Stephanie Curenton, Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning & Public Policy
- Christopher Doll, Department of Music, Mason Gross School of the Arts
- Joseph Freeman, Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering
- Shantenu Jha, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, School of Engineering
- Toby Jones, Department of History, School of Arts & Sciences
- Josh Kohut, Department of Marine & Coastal Sciences, School of Environmental & Biological Sciences
- Robert Kopp, Department of Earth & Planetary Science, School of Arts & Sciences
- Mona Lena Krook, Department of Political Science, School of Arts & Sciences
- Mingwei Liu, Department of Labor Studies & Employment Relations, School of Management & Labor Relations
- Michael MacKenzie, School of Social Work
- Pamela McElwee, Department of Human Ecology, School of Environmental & Biological Sciences
- Bryce Nickels, Department of Genetics, School of Arts & Sciences
- Dario Pompili, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, School of Engineering
- Jennifer Theiss, Department of Communication, School of Communication & Information
- Jami Young, Clinical Psychology Program, Graduate School of Applied & Professional Psychology
Please join me in congratulating these outstanding members of our faculty on this honor.
Richard L. Edwards, Ph.D.
Chancellor, Rutgers University–New Brunswick and
Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs